2016年5月25日星期三

chinese hair.” Extracts from Katie-Lily’s weblog

Bald and proud : Cancer teenager who lost all her hair writes moving weblog about rollercoaster treatment
Katie-Lily Bryant, was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin’s lymphoma following obtaining a lump on her neck, said her “perspective had completely changed” following the shock diagnosis
A 15-year-old girl who lost all her hair right after getting diagnosed using a rare form of has charted her battle in a web-based diary in a bid to inspire other ill teens – and said: “I’m proud of my bald head”.
Katie-Lily Bryant, who was diagnosed with stage 4 in May perhaps following acquiring a 3cm by 3cm-sized on her neck, stated she no longer worried about trivial issues – but enjoyed “sitting within the garden and listening to the birds sing”.

She stated: “Life is a .
“It has its ups and downs. But it’s up to you whether you scream and enjoy the ride.”

The brave teen – currently in-between chemotherapy cycles – showed a image of herself without her hair and mentioned: “This is my bald head.
“I am now entirely bald.
“This is me…and you know what? I’m proud.
“Just mainly because I've no hair doesn’t imply I'm not Katie any longer. I'm.
“Yes, there is going to be days exactly where I would die to possess my hair back but the point is not getting hair is maintaining me alive.
“The drugs will poison my body but what exactly is essential is it is actually destroying the cancer and if that suggests I have to be bald to get a bit I will!”

On July 1 the GCSE student, who lives near Farnham, Surrey, entered Southampton General Hospital for her very first round of .
Within weeks her lengthy brown hair had began falling out.
So she decided to start an inspiring blog so other cancer-struck teens would not feel alone.
She mentioned: “Having cancer is already altering my viewpoint on life. Just before I knew I took points for granted. Breathing! While other men and women have been fighting and fighting to carry on and remain alive!”

Katie-Lily, who will turn 16 on Christmas Eve and is due to enter year 11 in September, said she first began to really feel ill in summer 2014.
“I felt sick, had headaches and had a fever,” she mentioned. “I was possessing many time off college.
“Then all of a sudden a lump appeared by my collarbone in May.
“It came up just about overnight.
“I had a biopsy and it turned out it was stage 4 Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
“Lymphoma is really a cancer in the blood.
“Mine is seriously rare, it's in my neck, chest and lungs.”
At the moment Katie-Lily, who includes a younger brother, Alfie,jheri curl wig, ten, is getting a break from chemotherapy before beginning her second cycle in August.
She is then set to go on to have much more cycles of chemotherapy – but said she enjoyed her hospital stays simply because she liked meeting other individuals, playing on the hospital jukebox and “giving folks makeovers.”
“You have to discover the good in almost everything,” she said in relation to this.
Doctors mentioned they do not know her long-term prognosis in the moment nevertheless it is feasible the illness could harm her joints and she may possibly will need a hip replacement within the future.

The beauty-mad teen mentioned she initially didn't feel her hair was going to come out. “But two weeks after the very first lot of chemotherapy it started falling out in clumps,” she said. “It was coming out in my hand.
“It was coming out everywhere. It was horrible to begin with. I definitely hated it. It didn’t look nice.
“So I had it shaved by my stepdad.”
Katie-Lily’s stepfather, postman Paul Howes, 39, also purchased her a spray tan machine which she can use at home.
“I’ve been spraying my head,” she admitted. “It appears wonderful.
“But I'm no longer focused on looks.
“In just several weeks my viewpoint has changed.
“I moaned regarding the silliest issues before
“I would moan if I purchased a six-pack of cookies and only five were in there.
“Now I appreciate sitting in the garden and listening for the birds.
I’ve stopped taking life for granted.
“My life has changed within the blink of an eye.”

Her mother, Helen Howes, 40, a personal assistant, said: “I am so proud of her.
“She offers us strength to carry on because of her attitude.
“We really feel far better when we're about her simply because she is so upbeat.
“I thought she would want to hide away without the wig but she won’t.
“She’s inspirational.
“I’m bursting with pride,chinese hair.”
Extracts from Katie-Lily’s weblog:
“I feel guilty for all of the times I’ve complained about my life and also the little issues that go wrong when I now see the bigger image.
“Now fighting for my life I realise I need to not get frustrated at the tiny items in life,malaysian full lace wigs.
“Life is definitely the most precious present God could ever give someone.
“So try to not waste it moaning and ranting about when the packet of six cookies only came with 5.
“Basically to all of you at times you may have to realise what we take for granted each minute with the day.
“Sometimes we have to have to just sit down and appreciate anything we have got.
“As you never know when anything unexpected can change your life forever.”

“So I just had my meeting. I have Hodgkin lymphoma cancer.
“This is my treatment strategy. I will be on a mix of chemotherapy and steroids. I might also have radiotherapy towards the finish depending on how the chemo goes!
“They think I have stage 2 cancer at the moment as it is confirmed at my collar bone and they feel I've the cancer inside the chest in-between the subsequent two weeks I'll be possessing CT/PET scans to confirm and determine what stage it really is as it may very well be in other locations of my body
“We discussed getting a pic line so they will not must keep injecting into me it truly is like a cannula but goes proper inside the body and stays in.
“He said chemo lasts two to seven months so soon I know how lengthy my remedy will be
“PS – saw all the kids and teens now smiling at me and I just can not wait to create good friends with them.
“Bring my makeup and do makeovers with them and have lots of exciting! You have to obtain the optimistic out of every thing.”


“[I see] every person with their beautiful hair then I realise I'll loose mine shortly.
“I look by way of my photos of my hair and get to distraught hunting at them.
“When I get out the bath as well as the towel is wrapped round my head I see myself inside the future with no hair, bald.
“I just feel so down in the moment.”


“I am actually finding sick and tired of becoming sick and tired now.
“It’s been almost 3 weeks of being in hospital now. “Just when I thought I could lastly be at dwelling I spent half a night at dwelling then was rushed back in.
“I am so poorly and so weak.
“My legs shake in pain when I've to sit as much as take my medicines.
“Just lying undertaking practically nothing is usually a struggle in the moment.”

Read Katie's blog .

没有评论:

发表评论